Things Fall Apart PDF is a worldwide bestseller and the first part of Chinua Achebe’s African Trilogy. It is one of the most influential books of all time, and has been featured in the BBC’s ‘100 Novels That Shaped Our World’.
The novel tells the story of Okonkwo, the greatest wrestler and warrior in West Africa whose fame spreads like a bush-fire in the harmattan. However, after he accidentally kills a clansman, everything begins to fall apart. When Okonkwo returns from exile, he discovers that missionaries and colonial governors have arrived in his village, throwing his world off balance and leading him towards tragedy.
Here are some key points about Things Fall Apart PDF:
- It was first published in 1958 and has since sold over ten million copies in forty-five languages.
- Achebe’s stark and coolly ironic novel has reshaped both African and world literature.
- The novel is part of Achebe’s landmark trilogy of works chronicling the fate of one African community, which continues with Arrow of God and No Longer at Ease.
- Renowned authors have praised Achebe’s masterpiece. Toni Morrison spoke of “his courage and generosity,” while Nelson Mandela said that Achebe was “the writer in whose company the prison walls fell down.” John Updike praised the book for its “great, brave, kind, human spirit.”
- This edition includes an introduction by Biyi Bandele.
In summary, Things Fall Apart PDF is an essential read for anyone interested in African literature, world literature, and the impact of colonialism on African communities. Its powerful themes and memorable characters have earned it a well-deserved place in the canon of great literature.
|Book Title||Things Fall Apart PDF|
|Number of Pages||176|
|PDF Quality||Original PDF|
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Genres||Contemporay, Classic, Historical Fiction|
Links to Download Things Fall Apart PDF
|Download Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe Book PDF||Click Here|
|Buy Hardcopy on Amazon for Special Offers||Click Here|
Disclaimer: On politicalscienceblog.com, we provide links & materials that are readily available on the internet and search engines for educational purposes only. We simply use the links to connect the dots. We do not intend to harm the rights of others and respect their intellectual property. If you want us to remove the links we provide in our website, kindly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the links and materials within 24 hours of notice. We take intellectual property rights seriously and strive to ensure that all content on our website is authorized.