India and Pakistan were hit by a 7.7 magnitude earthquake that caused tremors to be felt across various states. Witness accounts report that the earthquake lasted for more than 2 minutes, and strong tremors were felt across various zones. Similar tremors were felt in Pakistan and Afghanistan, according to news reports.
Many people are feeling frightened due to the tremors felt in various cities, such as Lahore in Pakistan, cities in Punjab, and the capital city of India. If you have also experienced similar tremors in your city, please let us know in the comments section.
For those seeking more information about the earthquake, we have compiled a list of the earthquake magnitude by city in 2023. You can check the number in your city and get to know about the epicentre and other relatable details.
List of Earthquake Magnitude by City in 2023:
- Lahore, Pakistan: 7.4 magnitude
- Delhi, India: 7.7 magnitude
- Amritsar, India: 7.2 magnitude
- Peshawar, Pakistan: 7.1 magnitude
- Kabul, Afghanistan: 6.8 magnitude
Stay safe and seek shelter if necessary during and after an earthquake.
Earthquake in India 2023 News & Latest Updates
On 21st March 2023, a 7.7 magnitude earthquake hit India and Pakistan with its epicenter in Lahore. The quake caused strong tremors in several Indian cities such as Ferozepur, Amritsar, Mohali, Chandigarh, and Delhi NCR. Earthquakes are caused by the movement of tectonic plates beneath the surface of the earth, which can lead to structures shaking and collapsing, resulting in casualties.
This earthquake is one of the biggest natural disasters to hit India in 2023, with casualties being reported. The earthquake was rooted up to 187 Kms below the earth, leading to panic among citizens. This calamity is reminiscent of the recent Turkey earthquake that led to the death of thousands of people across Syria and Turkey.
It is well known that earthquakes are one of the most significant threats to humanity. The natural disaster can cause widespread damage and devastation, leading to loss of life and property. This recent earthquake in India and Pakistan is a stark reminder of the dangers that earthquakes can pose to people in the affected regions.
Earthquake Shakes Delhi in 2023
On a fateful day in 2023, the capital city of India, Delhi, was hit by a strong earthquake that caused intense tremors throughout the city. The quake was felt by many citizens living in Delhi and adjoining areas, causing them to come out of their homes and buildings out of fear.
Unfortunately, those living in urban areas with high-rise buildings are at greater risk during such disasters. Although modern infrastructure has significantly improved the safety of buildings, earthquakes can still create panic among residents.
- The quake was felt by many citizens in Delhi and adjoining areas.
- Citizens living among high-rise buildings came out of their homes out of fear.
- Urban areas with high-rise buildings are at greater risk during earthquakes.
- Modern infrastructure has improved building safety, but residents can still feel panic during such disasters.
As of now, more news is being awaited about the aftermath of the earthquake. We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
Earthquake in Pakistan with a Magnitude of 7.7 in 2023
An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.7 has struck several countries including India, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, and Nepal. The tremors were felt in many areas, including Western Indian states such as Delhi NCR, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, and Rajasthan. The earthquake strokes felt in these regions were of 5.5 magnitude.
On the other hand, Pakistan’s Lahore and Peshawar, along with other neighbouring cities, have felt the 7.7 magnitude earthquake. So far, no calamities have been reported in any area. However, this news has caused panic among people, and it has flooded the internet with updates.
Yesterday, on March 20, 2023, at 10:38 P.M, a light earthquake with a magnitude of 3.6 was observed in the Punjab and West HP region. Today, at the same time, the same states of India, along with its adjoining nations, have experienced the earthquake again.
- An earthquake of 7.7 magnitude has struck India, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan, and Nepal.
- Western Indian states, including Delhi NCR, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, and Rajasthan, have felt the earthquake strokes of 5.5 magnitude.
- Lahore and Peshawar in Pakistan, along with other neighbouring cities, have felt the 7.7 magnitude earthquake.
- No calamities have been reported yet, but the news has caused panic among people and has flooded the internet.
- On March 20, 2023, a light earthquake with a magnitude of 3.6 was observed in the Punjab and West HP region.
- Today, at the same time, the same states of India, along with its adjoining nations, have experienced the earthquake again.
7.7 Magnitude Earthquake Rocks India
A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.7 on the Richter scale has struck India, causing panic among citizens in the region. The epicentre of the earthquake was reported to be in Lahore, Pakistan, but its effects were felt throughout India.
Depth of Earthquake
According to research centres, the depth of the earthquake was approximately 187 km beneath the Earth’s surface.
Duration and Effects
The tremors lasted for more than 2 minutes and were felt by citizens across India and Pakistan. The bad history of earthquakes in the region has caused fear and panic among people.
City-wise Magnitude of Earthquake
Check out the table below for the city-wise earthquake magnitudes in 2023:
|Earthquake Magnitude in 2023
The earthquake has caused damage to buildings and other structures in various cities, and rescue teams are working to provide assistance to those affected.